Some of the most important and rewarding work I do is in helping the public service sector, be it police agencies, fire departments, cities and municipalities, hospitals, emergency management departments and others, better plan and prepare for a crisis or emergency situation.
That said, I am pleased to, not only announce an amazing initiative by Tim Burrows for law enforcement, but to also announce that I will be the first Keynote Speaker at this important and ground-breaking event!
The Law Enforcement Social Media Conference
A three day event, The Law Enforcement Social Media Conference is the first ever online social media conference for law enforcement and the speaker list is sensational!
The conference will take place November 17, 19 and 21, 2014, and if you work for a government agency and, particularly, a law enforcement agency, then this event is one you absolutely don’t want to miss. As it’s an online event, once registered, you have the option to attend live (and benefit from the live Q&A sessions) or to receive the recorded presentations and watch them at your leisure. (Note: all registrants will receive access to the recorded presentations, whether you attend the live event or not).
By attending this conference you will learn:
- Proper and strategic ways to communicate on social media to ensure maximum views and a continually growing community. Because let’s face it, “just the facts” doesn’t work on social.
- How to position your agency as a social media influencer.
- How to maximize the use of pictures and videos and learn why your fans and followers love them.
- Learn from experienced law enforcement officers what works and why it works so well. They’ve already made beginner mistakes and want to save you from making them yourself.
- Learn to mitigate and manage risk.
- Go from “doing” social to being social – a recipe for success.
And not to mention the topic that I’ll be discussing in my keynote: How law enforcement can strategically use social media to communicate with your community in a crisis or emergency.
Click here to register and please use this Referral code: LESM10
Full disclosure: I’m donating my time to speak at this worthy event, though I will receive 25% of the registration fee if you use the above referral code when you register for the event.
Interested in this event?
- Discussing The #Ferguson Crisis with Tim Burrows
- Doing Crisis Communications Right with the Mountain View Police Department
- Toronto Police Service, Their Customer Service and Crisis Preparedness with Chris Boddy
- Emergency Evacuation and Re-Entry Planning with Mike McKenna
- Exploring Garden Grove Fire Department’s Social Media and Electronic Communication in Crisis with Thanh Nguyen