Welcome to episode #009 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and Mike McKenna
When it comes to emergency evacuation planning, what risks need to be identified and what should you actually plan for? Should every organization, even those with less catastrophic risk, include an evacuation and re-entry plan within their crisis management plan?
Mike McKenna, Founder and President of Team Solutions, specializes in Search & Rescue Response and Emergency Evacuation. He’s also known for some really great quotes that include:
“Focus on doing the most good for the most people.”
“Do not try to recover from a disaster, from within a disaster.”
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Mike to discuss the meanings behind these quotes, as well as some really important – and often less discussed – topics concerning crisis and emergency management.
This episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast discusses:
- Functional-based roles vs. person-based roles.
- ICS (Incident Command System): What it is, how it works and how to adapt it to your corporate culture.
- What you need to know when it comes to emergency evacuation and re-entry planning.
- The need for clearly communicated and achievable goals – and how to structure your crisis plan to accomplish this.
- The importance of testing your plan once it’s been created – and often.
It’s a really great listen that I know you’ll enjoy!
Running time: 49:52
Learn more about Agnes + Day, The Crisis Intelligence Firm.
A big thank you to Mike for taking the time to chat with me and provide your vast experience and expertise on these fascinating topics!
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.