Welcome to episode #023 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and David Van
It takes years and continual effort to build a strong reputation, and sadly, it can take mere minutes to destroy it. Social media and the online world have heightened the reputational risk that lingers and threatens today’s organizations. On the bright side, most reputational crises can be predicted and/or mitigated ahead of time.
Within this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, David Van and I discuss what reputational risk is and how you can mitigate it and protect your organization. David often says that crisis management is not reputational risk management. This statement can and does leave many professionals scratching their heads. Within this episode, David and I elaborate on what this means, where the difference lies and how you can better protect your organization from today’s many reputational risks.
This episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast discusses:
- How to identify and plan for reputational risk – before you get struck with a crisis.
- The types of informal and formal structures you can (and should) put in place within your organization to better manage reputational risk.
- How trust impacts reputation.
- The difference between managing reputational risk and monitoring your reputation.
- The biggest reputational risks that leave your organization vulnerable.
Enjoy the listen!
Running time: 42:51
Learn more about Agnes + Day, The Crisis Intelligence Firm.
Thanks to David for having this conversation with me!
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.