Check out the social media crisis related articles you may have missed this week:
Was This Social Media Campaign Free Speech or Cyberbullying?
Censorship vs. Cyberbullying: A case study from an Australian talkback radio show. Guest post by Tony Jaques
Hurricane Sandy: Crisis Preparedness and Safety Tips from the Pros
Stay safe and be prepared with these crisis management and safety tips from the pros.
8 Scary Truths About Social Media Crises
Social media crises are a scary reality that leave us all vulnerable. Discover the 8 ultimate reasons why you need to protect and prepare your brand.
American Apparel and The Lesson I Want You To Learn From Their Mistake
The lesson to learn from American Apparel’s disastrous marketing attempt through Hurricane Sandy.
Other great articles worth your attention
- Interesting Uses of Social Media in Preparation for Hurricane #Sandy – Post by Kim Stephens
- Hurricane #Sandy: First disaster / emergency to use #Instagram to capture visual stories – Post by Karen Freberg
- Find the Crisis First: The Best Form of Crisis Management is Prevention – Post by Bernstein Crisis Management
- Social Media & Hurricane #Sandy: Lessons learned and best practices for crisis communicators – Post by Karen Freberg
- Employee Error Dings Aussie Red Cross’ Reputation – Post by Bernstein Crisis Management
The Social Media Crisis Management Toolkit
Social Media Crisis Management Toolkit
The Social Media Crisis Management Toolkit is a complete guide and do-it-yourself workshop, created to provide you with a step-by-step outline to begin developing your brand’s social media crisis plan. Learn more about the Toolkit here!
Have a fabulous weekend everybody, and I’ll see you here next week for even more hot topics and crisis management tips!
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.