Nick Cicero of Social Fresh recently wrote a post on how nearly one in every five internet users are now on Twitter. Combining this fact with the amount of Twitter “mistakes”, hacks, hijackings, and more that we continue to witness (and many brands continue to experience first hand), I thought I’d take the time to bring some really important Twitter resources to the forefront.
First and foremost, if you experience anything from a hacked account to Twitter impersonation to a lost password, and everything in between, this is the page you need to have saved in your bookmarks.
Apart from that, the following are 5 blog posts that will help you manage Twitter in a crisis.
5 posts to help you manage twitter in a crisis
- The Use of Hashtags in Your Crisis Communications
- 5 Must-Do’s When Leveraging Twitter in a Crisis
- Is Your Crisis Communications Plan Twitter-Friendly?
- Are You Liable for Tweeting and/or Retweeting an Offensive Tweet?
- Protect Your Twitter Account from Hackers with Two-Factor Authentication
Safe tweeting everyone!
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.