A culture of compassion requires consciousness. How compassionately conscious is your brand?
You can also listen to this episode on iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher, and YouTube.
Nearly ten years after Dave Carroll’s United Breaks Guitars video series went viral and helped change the landscape of issue and crisis management for brands, Dave joins the Invincible Brand Podcast to discuss the impact of compassion on brands and on an organization’s issue management, crisis management, customer service, and ultimately, its invincibility.
This episode explores:
- How the world of customer service has changed since United Breaks Guitars.
- How no customer should be seen as “statistically insignificant” – and if that is the mindset and culture within your organization, you have some work to do.
- The customer service paradox: How Dave got ahead of misconceptions and emotional criticism towards his video in ways that increased his trust, likability, and business opportunities.
- The concept of compassionate business – and how it lends immeasurably to your brand’s invincibility.
Links and things discussed in this episode
- Dave’s United Breaks Guitars video
- Zappos’ tagline is “delivering happiness”
Connect with Dave Carroll:
- Check out Dave’s website
- Connect on Twitter: @DaveCarroll
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Connect on Facebook
- Check out his incredible music on YouTube
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.
Leave a Reply