Each month, I answer your crisis ready questions.
This month’s question comes from Bridget… and, in fact, Bridget had a handful of really great questions that I got to provide responses to. Here’s a sampling of what these questions were:
“Is crisis management different from industry to industry?”
“What is the best way to manage controversial issues that spark heated emotion within a subset group of stakeholders?”
“Who should be a part of the issue management team, when an incident doesn’t need to escalate straight through to leadership?”
This discussion explores:
- Strategic ways to successfully manage controversial viral issues.
- The power of banking goodwill and trust prior to experiencing an issue or crisis.
- Strategies of response when your hands are tied and you are not legally able to share information.
- Where the crisis management nuances lie and how to be prepared for all forms of incidents.
- A look at how to make your crisis management governance structure scalable across all forms of issues and crises.
Links discussed in this episode:
- Crisis Ready Issue Management Response Flowchart
- Crisis Ready Formula for Managing Controversies
- If you’re in Tavares Florida, check out Jones Brothers Seaplane Adventures!
Do you have a question you’d like me to answer, and are you willing for that discussion to be recorded (in a way that respects your privacy and confidentiality)? If so, click here to set up some one-on-recorded-one time with me.
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.