Gaining legal’s support and buy-in for your crisis readiness can sometimes be a challenge, but when achieved, can become one of your most powerful allies.
You can also listen to this episode on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and YouTube.
Jackie Ford, partner at the law firm Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, joins the Invincible Brand Podcast to discuss proactive legal strategies in your crisis readiness and the practice of compassionate compliance.
About this episode
In my experience, one of the biggest challenges organizations face is forming a crisis ready alliance with their legal department where everyone is on the same page, understands each other’s different realities and challenges, and proactively supports and compliments one another’s crisis management functions. And yet, once this alliance is formed it is such a powerful asset to the organization’s crisis readiness.
Jackie Ford is a partner at Vorys and has a practice in employment law, privacy issues, internal investigations, and crisis management. Not to mention that she is a brilliant attorney whom I enjoy partnering with as often as possible in the interest of helping our clients strengthen their crisis readiness. Her work, her mindset, and the outcomes she provides to her clients are all testaments to the powerful advantages of creating strong relationships with legal for issue and crisis prevention and management.
In this conversation, Jackie provides great perspective and shares powerful stories to help you bridge these potential gaps and strengthen your crisis ready governance and culture.
This episode explores:
- Strategies to get legal onboard for your crisis readiness—in the way they need to be.
- How to reduce risk by always keeping aligned with your organization’s values and culture.
- Strategic ways to help prevent risks, such as acts of violence in the workplace, that go beyond the typical approaches.
- What compassionate compliance is and how it empowers your crisis ready culture.
- Real-world examples of how taking a proactive approach to issue management helps mitigate the risk of lawsuits, legal liability, and escalated risk.
Connect with Jackie Ford:
- Learn more about Jackie and her practice at Vorys
- Connect with Jackie on LinkedIn
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.
Leave a Reply