These leading airlines showcase the power of focusing on the details of experience.
Shashank Nigam, author of Soar and CEO of Simpliflying, joins the Invincible Brand Podcast to share some powerful strategies on how today’s leading airlines have managed to build sustainable trust – and how that serves them when undesirable incidents risk occurring.
About this episode
The airline industry is tough. The risks are exponential; profit margins are difficult to maintain; the general public is critical, emotional, and has the ability to instil a world of impact on brand equity and reputation; regulatory compliance is strict and severe… and the list goes on. And yet, there are some airlines out there that just simply get it. These airlines continue to do phenomenal work in creating brands that deliver an experience and put people first, fostering a culture that aspires to achieve brand invincibility and works proactively towards this objective every day.
Fortunately for the rest of us, there are so many crisis ready lessons and strategies that can be taken from these airlines and adapted into your own organization, no matter its industry. In this week’s episode of the Invincible Brand Podcast, Shashank sat down with me to discuss the strategies, mindsets, and crisis management failures and successes that he has seen in his work with over 90 of these airlines over the past several years.
This episode explores:
- What the strongest, most profitable, and beloved airlines have in common-and what you can learn from their success and strive for invincibility.
- Why achieving brand invincibility should be aspirational.
- How the CEO of AirAsia, Tony Fernandes, single-handedly raised the bar for airline crisis management, and the important lessons you can learn from his decisions and actions.
- A fascinating example of how a stagnant crisis management plan hindered Thai Airways’s chance to effectively manage an issue.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Order a copy of Soar
- More on Thai Airways’s issue management fail.
- Shashank’s daily show, Simpliflying Live
Connect with Shashank Nigam:
- Learn more about the great work that Simpliflying does.
- Connect with Shashank on LinkedIn
- Follow Simpliflying on Twitter: @Simpliflying
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.