Welcome to episode #055 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and Brian Willis.
The law enforcement industry has been struggling through a lot of heat lately. Many leaders within the law enforcement community are working very hard to overcome this industry crisis and to embed a corporate culture based on trust-building and transparency within their communities. One of these leaders is Brian Willis.
Brian is a recognized thought leader and catalyst for change in the law enforcement profession, and he uses one big question in his trainings and seminars to help law enforcement professionals focus on continually finding the best solution in all types of situations. This big question is “What’s important now?”
In this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, Brian and I discuss the state of law enforcement right now and how life’s most important question can be used by law enforcement – as well as leaders and professionals in general – to help them appropriately and successfully manage and overcome any type of crisis.
This episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast discusses:
- How law enforcement is using life’s most important question to be better crisis managers.
- Steps law enforcement agencies can take to begin to break down silos and build trust within their communities.
- Strategies on how law enforcement can begin to shape the narrative of their own incidents.
- What WINx is and why it’s the biggest and best law enforcement conference of the year – and why you should attend.
In addition, Brian and I discuss the first annual WINx conference, which is happening this November 18th, 2015. WINx is a conference targeted for law enforcement leaders and is inspired by TED. On November 18th, nine inspirational speakers will take the stage for 18 minutes each to raise important questions and to inspire the right mindset and actions for the industry to take moving forward. I’m extremely honored to be a part of this conference and hope to see you there!
Tune in to this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast here:
Running time: 55:38
Connect with us!
About host, Melissa Agnes
Learn more about Agnes + Day, Melissa’s crisis management firm.
About guest, Brian Willis
Learn more about Brian and connect with him on LinkedIn
Follow Brian on Twitter: @BrianRWillis
Check out Brian’s consulting agency: Winning Mind Training
Visit lifesmostpowerfulquestion.com to learn more about “what’s important now?” as a crisis management strategy
Watch Brian’s TEDx talk: The Most Dangerous Weapon in Law Enforcement
Discover WINx and register to join us in Chicago!
More TEDx videos from the outstanding speakers at this year’s WINx event
- Brian’s TEDx Talk: The Most Dangerous Weapon in Law Enforcement
- TED Talk by Kevin Briggs: The bridge between suicide and life
- TEDx Talk by Chip Huth: The importance of mindset in policing
- TEDx Talk by Melissa Agnes: The Secret to Successful Crisis Management in the 21st Century
A big thanks to Brian for taking the time to have this important conversation with me.
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.