Welcome to episode #056 of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast, with Melissa Agnes and Daniel Linskey
I recently had the honor of sitting down with Daniel Linskey, former Superintendent in Chief of the Boston Police Department, to record an episode of the Crisis Intelligence Podcast. Dan was the incident commander during the Boston Marathon Bombing.
Within this podcast, Dan shares his first-hand experience of what it was like to manage the Boston Marathon Bombing crisis. He goes into great detail about everything from how he mustered up the courage to lead his team through the management of this horrific day; to how he and his team successfully positioned Boston PD as the source of credible information and updates throughout the management of the incident; how they filtered through the thousands upon thousands of informational tips, videos and photos to successfully identify and ultimately capture the terrorists – and so much more.
This episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast discusses:
- The importance of using the right language within your crisis communications
- Dan’s personal story about what it was like to have the responsibility of being Commander in Chief during a horrific event like the Boston Marathon Bombing
- How to control the accuracy of the information you share in a crisis, while still meeting the expectation of real-time updates
- The biggest lessons and takeaways Dan and his team learned throughout this entire experience
- Tips to getting buy-in from leadership to incorporate the digital landscape and the need for real-time communications into your crisis preparedness strategy
Don’t miss Dan’s captivating, emotional story and all of the tremendous advice and implementable takeaways he shares!
Tune in to this episode of The Crisis Intelligence Podcast here
Please note that the quality of the audio of this podcast is a little less than usual. This is due to the fact that I’m in the process of a move and my office is empty (which makes it echoey) and the fact that the Skype connection was a little wonky. However, the quality of the content within this podcast is top notch, so I hope you’ll forgive me for the less than perfect audio. Thanks for your understanding!
Subscribe to the Crisis Intelligence Podcast!
Connect with Dan and Melissa
About host, Melissa Agnes
About guest, Daniel Linskey
A big thank you to Dan for, not just taking the time to share your story and experience with us, but for your continued service to your Country. You’re a true leader and a tremendous example for us all to learn from.