Virtual communication can breed misunderstandings and yet how many of your meetings are virtual?
Do you see where I’m going with this?
Dr. Nick Morgan, author of Can You Hear Me? (amongst other great books) and founder of Public Words, joins the Invincible Brand Podcast to discuss the impacts that the virtual world have on internal teams and the conscious efforts and actions that leaders can take to mitigate the risks that these impacts present on company morale, team-building, and ultimately the organization’s culture and reputation.
You can also listen to this episode on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and YouTube.
About this episode
Virtual communication deprives us of the emotional knowledge that helps us understand context. This presents risks to relationships with stakeholders–especially in regards to your internal teams and departments. In this episode, Nick Morgan explores new research that dives deeper into this reality, the challenges it presents to leaders and their teams, and provides strategic insight into how we can mitigate the risks that come along with this reality and build more connected teams and a stronger internal culture.
This episode explores:
- New research and data that demonstrates the emotional impacts, voids, and effects that the virtual world presents.
- The way in which leadership can use this information to form stronger connections with their teams during conference calls, virtual meetings, email communications, and more.
- Helpful verbal and nonverbal cues to consciously deliver.
- Tips for creating trust in a virtual context.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Pick up a copy of Nick’s new book, Can You Hear Me? How To Connect With People In A Virtual World.
- Nick’s book that I referenced at the beginning of the podcast, Power Cues
Connect with Nick Morgan:
- Check out the great work Nick and his team do at Public Words
- Connect with Nick on LinkedIn
Author of Crisis Ready: Building an Invincible Brand in an Uncertain World, Melissa Agnes is a leading authority on crisis preparedness, reputation management, and brand protection. Agnes is a coveted keynote speaker, commentator, and advisor to some of today’s leading organizations faced with the greatest risks. Learn more about Melissa and her work here.
Leave a Reply